WHEN: November 3 & 10, 6-8:30pm each day
WHERE: Cole Gallery, 107 5th Ave S, Edmonds, WA 98020
COST: $150. Sign up online at Cole Gallery at 206.223.9599 to register.
Learn how to paint sparkling lights against the night, deep shadows contrasting with warm and cool lights. Whether it’s the city or landscape, Angela will show you her tricks to painting night scenes with luminous color that isn’t muddy.
In this schedule-friendly, two- evening format, you’ll be learning Angela’s process from start to finish, and you’ll leave with a painting of your own to hang on your wall or to give as a treasured holiday gift to a special someone.
What you can expect to learn:
- how to plan your night scene - from the subjects you choose to the photos you take
- where to start, and how to simplify
- how to see color temperature in the lights and exaggerate them
- effective color palettes for night scenes
- creative texture using palette knives to add interest to the painting